I had a spare partition on my drive so... I installed Ubuntu 9.10.It went very smoothly.
Everything works. I didn't have to play around with anything.
- nouveau video booted after install (unlike F12 beta)
- NVIDIA 190.42 compiled well
- sound was all alive
- Composite is working
The only things I ran into were configuration things that I was not used to,
- upstart init config to be able to boot to run level 3
- setting a root password
- setting my uid to be the same number as my home partition that got created with F11.
- I had to set it to UID=500 which now does not show up in the Gnome login greeter. (not a biggie)
- It also now doesn't show in some Gnome dropdowns for configuring things.
All in all I like it.