posted Dec 27, 2013, 9:31 PM by Tom Gutwin
updated Dec 30, 2013, 9:16 PM
Successfully rooted my device.
Information Links I Used:
issues/wrinkles I ran into:
- The adb debug server connection was 'touchy''
- each time I rebooted into recovery:
- I had to restart the adb server with adb kill-server;sleep3;adb start-server
- then unplug and re-plug in the Nexus 7
- the adb push path-to-zip/SuperSU.zip /sdcard command
- did not work correctly. Maybe its because the adb push has changed in the way it works towards symbolic links on the device. I suspect something changed on Android 4.2. Basically it does not put the zip file where you want it.
- copy it directly to its real device dir (not symbolic linked)
- adb push path-to-zip/SuperSU.zip /storage/emulated/0