If you want to save your Onkyo TX NR5008 settings (including Audyssey calibration), follow the procedure below:
Push and hold Setup on the AVR (not the remote)
- Then push Enter
- Unit displays 'Setup store?"
- Still holding Setup, push Enter again
- Unit displays "Setup storing'
- Unit then displays 'Complete'
All your settings are now stored.
Push and hold Setup on the AVR
Then push Return
- Unit displays 'Setup recall?'
Still holding Setup, push Return again
Unit displays 'Setup recalling'
Unit then displays 'Complete'
Unit then powers off into standby mode.
- Switch unit back on,
Your settings have been restored.
This will allow you to store your settings, including Audyssey, and to restore them later.
This should work on any Onkyo x007/x008.